How come a router has 2 bandwidth capacity flags? and a question for U flag?

I2P router issues
spammywindy

How come a router has 2 bandwidth capacity flags? and a question for U flag?

Post by spammywindy »

Q1. I notice that sometimes my router capacity is show as X0R or POR. I wonder how that could happen given the fact that each bandwidth flag is for a different range of bandwidth.

Q2. Last week I traveled to Cuba and found that my router has an U flag. Does that mean my router is unreachable because local Internet in Cuba can't connect to I2P or it's just because the wifi network at the hotel where I stayed didn't work properly?
echelon

Re: How come a router has 2 bandwidth capacity flags? and a question for U flag?

Post by echelon »

Hi

X is the "unlimited" flag with some special options needed. If this option is currently not met, it gets to POR.

Combines with question 2: reasons for being unreachable can be the ISP of the WiFi, yes. Or setup of WiFi.

echelon
spammywindy

Re: How come a router has 2 bandwidth capacity flags? and a question for U flag?

Post by spammywindy »

Hi,
Thank for the reply.
So how about the U flag? If my router is unreachable, does other routers know this fact? I guess THEY KNOW. By looking at other routers' flags in the console, I also see some of them have the U flag. However, I wonder why/how other routers could publish their U flag, if they are unreachable. Does "unreachable" mean a router can't be reached from outside or I can't reach the outside world?
echelon

Post by echelon »

Hi!

https://geti2p.net/en/docs/how/network-database

And reachability is a regulary tested feature.
1. a router tests teh entries in ite netDB for reachability and capacity
2. a router itself tests if it has incoming connections or not

And unreachable means: it cannot be reached by other I2P routers via IPv4/IPv6 on TCP/UDP.

echelon