I2Pd on OpenMandriva not working, missing libraries from official repositories, QT version not working properly
Posted: 18 Aug 2026 01:21
I have recently been testing out OpenMandriva Rock on Qemu so that I can determine if it is worth installing on a new laptop and I tried to install I2Pd.
I tried to install I2Pd from the official OpenMandriva Repository and DNF told me that the existing package was missing dependencies that were not included with my repo.
this tells me that the maintainers of the I2Pd package on OpenMandriva had failed to include nessesary libraries to be included with I2Pd of which needs to be resolved.
and yes, I did include all four package respositories in om-repo-config
so then I tried to use the I2Pd package included within flatpak.
I2Pd-qt was able to start but as soon as I tried to use the specific ports for connecting and using I2P, I found that I2Pd-qt had failed to open them
I had checked and confirmed that the webconsole, SOCKS5 and HTTP Port were all enabled and yet were not opened.
please fix these issues.
Edit: I also forgot to mention that the daemon for i2pd-qt never starts as it never goes beyond this in the logs
-Chef K
I tried to install I2Pd from the official OpenMandriva Repository and DNF told me that the existing package was missing dependencies that were not included with my repo.
Code: Select all
[chefk@openmandriva-x8664 ~]$ sudo dnf install i2pd
[sudo] password for chefk:
Last metadata expiration check: 2:36:38 ago on Sat 15 Aug 2026 06:03:58 PM EDT.
Error:
Problem: conflicting requests
- nothing provides libboost_filesystem.so.1.72.0()(64bit) needed by i2pd-2.28.0-1.x86_64 from rock-x86_64-extra
- nothing provides libboost_program_options.so.1.72.0()(64bit) needed by i2pd-2.28.0-1.x86_64 from rock-x86_64-extra
- nothing provides libboost_date_time.so.1.72.0()(64bit) needed by i2pd-2.28.0-1.x86_64 from rock-x86_64-extra
- nothing provides libboost_program_options.so.1.87.0()(64bit) needed by i2pd-2.55.0-1.x86_64 from rock-x86_64-extra
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)
and yes, I did include all four package respositories in om-repo-config
so then I tried to use the I2Pd package included within flatpak.
I2Pd-qt was able to start but as soon as I tried to use the specific ports for connecting and using I2P, I found that I2Pd-qt had failed to open them
I had checked and confirmed that the webconsole, SOCKS5 and HTTP Port were all enabled and yet were not opened.
please fix these issues.
Edit: I also forgot to mention that the daemon for i2pd-qt never starts as it never goes beyond this in the logs
Code: Select all
Initialising the daemon...
03:24:23@555/none - i2pd v2.59.0 (0.9.68) starting...
Code: Select all
× i2pd.service - C++ daemon for accessing the I2P network
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/i2pd.service; enabled; preset: disabled)
Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/service.d
└─10-timeout-abort.conf
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2026-08-19 03:22:20 EDT; 13min ago
Invocation: 3d76ed9b1a8f4aa2828bd44de177287a
Docs: man:i2pd(1)
https://i2pd.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
Process: 677 ExecStart=/var/lib/flatpak/app/website.i2pd.i2pd/x86_64/stable/f1f3072a820dfe5e3496e6fab76f96389dd3dfead2174d962b4d1f672bcd9a17/files/bin/i2pd_qt (code=exited, status=217/USER)
Mem peak: 1.7M
CPU: 182ms
Aug 19 03:22:20 openmandriva-x8664 systemd[1]: Starting i2pd.service - C++ daemon for accessing the I2P network...
Aug 19 03:22:20 openmandriva-x8664 (i2pd_qt)[677]: i2pd.service: Failed to determine user credentials: No such process
Aug 19 03:22:20 openmandriva-x8664 (i2pd_qt)[677]: i2pd.service: Failed at step USER spawning /var/lib/flatpak/app/website.i2pd.i2pd/x86_64/stable/f1f3072a820dfe5e3496e6fab76f96389dd3dfead2174d962b4d1f672bcd9a17/files/bin/i2pd_qt: No such process
Aug 19 03:22:20 openmandriva-x8664 systemd[1]: i2pd.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=217/USER
Aug 19 03:22:20 openmandriva-x8664 systemd[1]: i2pd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 19 03:22:20 openmandriva-x8664 systemd[1]: Failed to start i2pd.service - C++ daemon for accessing the I2P network.