Update/upgrade issues

I2P router issues
afisllc

Update/upgrade issues

Post by afisllc »

I had everything working and could access the router control panel, mail, addressbook and snark through Firefox. I updated/upgraded i2p and now I can access sites, just not control panel. I run Ubuntu 23.04 lunar and router status in terminal shows running, and like I said I can access i2p sites. What changed with the update/upgrade? Is there something I need to change? I've uninstalled/reinstalled and same outcome.
bwdcal

Re: Update/upgrade issues

Post by bwdcal »

afisllc wrote: 29 Oct 2023 22:06 I had everything working and could access the router control panel, mail, addressbook and snark through Firefox. I updated/upgraded i2p and now I can access sites, just not control panel. I run Ubuntu 23.04 lunar and router status in terminal shows running, and like I said I can access i2p sites. What changed with the update/upgrade? Is there something I need to change? I've uninstalled/reinstalled and same outcome.
I'm have not this issue,

may be your local config changed,

you also can diff code on github:
https://github.com/i2p/i2p.i2p
>>o<<
afisllc

Post by afisllc »

Thx. I'll look into it. Kinda learning as I go. Been a very long time since I've played in this arena..
bwdcal

Post by bwdcal »

afisllc wrote: 08 Nov 2023 20:23 Thx. I'll look into it. Kinda learning as I go. Been a very long time since I've played in this arena..
welcome, i2p and i2pd project is very useful and awesome.
>>o<<
denker

Post by denker »

afisllc wrote: 29 Oct 2023 22:06 I had everything working and could access the router control panel, mail, addressbook and snark through Firefox. I updated/upgraded i2p and now I can access sites, just not control panel. I run Ubuntu 23.04 lunar and router status in terminal shows running, and like I said I can access i2p sites. What changed with the update/upgrade? Is there something I need to change? I've uninstalled/reinstalled and same outcome.
I also run into this issue after an update. I am using i2p on a seperate device with ubuntu and installed i2p with apt via "http://ppa.launchpad.net/i2p-maintainers/i2p". Therefore I need to tell the i2p router console app to listen also on my local ip-address of my network card. After an upgrade sometimes the config changed back to only listen to the localhost (127.0.0.1 and ::1).
If this is also your setup you should take a look into the config of the router client in /var/lib/i2p/i2p-config/clients.config.d/
There it is "00-net.i2p.router.web.RouterConsoleRunner-clients.config" file with should looks like this:

Code: Select all

clientApp.0.args=7657 ::1,127.0.0.1 ./webapps/
Just add your ip-address of your local network card and restart i2p, for example

Code: Select all

clientApp.0.args=7657 ::1,127.0.0.1,192.168.1.10 ./webapps/
Hope it helps.
denke leider nur gelegentlich. :)