anyone can compare Tutanota / protonmail / i2pmail ?

Issues about Susimail
bwdcal

anyone can compare Tutanota / protonmail / i2pmail ?

Post by bwdcal »

hi friends,

please help me with some tech different of these mail services as below points:

1. privacy.
2. security.
3. anymouse.
4. speed.
>>o<<
raccoondad

Re: anyone can compare Tutanota / protonmail / i2pmail ?

Post by raccoondad »

All of these email service providers are about the same, with I2Pmail being a postman service,

I2P mail has one major advantage: It has a i2p hidden service proxy, meaning you can connect to i2pmail directly through I2P

Registration on i2pmail has been the most straight forward process I seen anonymity wise.

It also works over clearnet, with people being able to email from i2pmail.org rather than the mail.i2p domain

privacy/security wise, none of them are good. Protonmail claims to encrypt data in storage but there's no reason to trust it.

email is fully unencrypted on a protocol level, your mail server can read any emails you receive. If you want to secure an email, the most you can do is encrypt it with external tools (GPG for example)
'Since The Heart Feels Pain So Easily Some Believe Life Is Pain'
raccoondad@i2pmail.org
bwdcal

Post by bwdcal »

raccoondad wrote: 01 Apr 2023 01:47 All of these email service providers are about the same, with I2Pmail being a postman service,

I2P mail has one major advantage: It has a i2p hidden service proxy, meaning you can connect to i2pmail directly through I2P

Registration on i2pmail has been the most straight forward process I seen anonymity wise.

It also works over clearnet, with people being able to email from i2pmail.org rather than the mail.i2p domain

privacy/security wise, none of them are good. Protonmail claims to encrypt data in storage but there's no reason to trust it.

email is fully unencrypted on a protocol level, your mail server can read any emails you receive. If you want to secure an email, the most you can do is encrypt it with external tools (GPG for example)
Hello, my friend.

Your answer is very professional and I have learned a lot from your experience. I would also like to ask you the following questions.

1. is there another domain name for i2pmail.org? So that no one knows I am using i2p service.
2. what is the limit of i2pmail for the number of incoming and outgoing emails and attachments?
3. i saw that Tutanota can encrypt email headers, but pgp can't encrypt email headers?
4. if I use i2pmail for content sensitive communications, do you have any further suggestions for this?
5. i2p and i2pmail so far, is there any precedent of de-anonymization attack?

Sincerely need your help and guidance.
>>o<<
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

The aforementioned providers for communicating with the outside world have one more thing in common: they are basically abused. This leads to them being labeled as spam across the board. If you want to be sure that your mail reaches its recipients and is read, you should also take this into account.
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
NarratorZ-new

Post by NarratorZ-new »

bwdcal wrote: 01 Apr 2023 15:44
Hello, my friend.

Your answer is very professional and I have learned a lot from your experience. I would also like to ask you the following questions.

1. is there another domain name for i2pmail.org? So that no one knows I am using i2p service.
2. what is the limit of i2pmail for the number of incoming and outgoing emails and attachments?
3. i saw that Tutanota can encrypt email headers, but pgp can't encrypt email headers?
4. if I use i2pmail for content sensitive communications, do you have any further suggestions for this?

最好是租用匿名VPS并通过Tor/I2P访问你的匿名VPS来自建电子邮件服务器

至于你问的问题,为什么不看postman.i2p上的用户协议呢 :roll:
A satisfied I2Pd user, I2Pd 2.50.0
bwdcal

Post by bwdcal »

NarratorZ-new wrote: 07 Apr 2023 05:31
bwdcal wrote: 01 Apr 2023 15:44
Hello, my friend.

最好是租用匿名VPS并通过Tor/I2P访问你的匿名VPS来自建电子邮件服务器

hi there, do you have email? i have some question want to learn from you. thanks ;p
>>o<<
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

bwdcal wrote: 14 Apr 2023 15:39
NarratorZ-new wrote: 07 Apr 2023 05:31 最好是租用匿名VPS并通过Tor/I2P访问你的匿名VPS来自建电子邮件服务器

hi there, do you have email? i have some question want to learn from you. thanks ;p
Communication difficulties due to different world languages can be solved with the appropriate tool: https://www.deepl.com/translator
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
NarratorZ-new

Post by NarratorZ-new »

lgillis wrote: 15 Apr 2023 07:14
NarratorZ-new wrote: 07 Apr 2023 05:31 最好是租用匿名VPS并通过Tor/I2P访问你的匿名VPS来自建电子邮件服务器

Communication difficulties due to different world languages can be solved with the appropriate tool: https://www.deepl.com/translator
he is chinese,and thanks for you advice
NarratorZ-new

Post by NarratorZ-new »

你可以在 http://narratorz.i2p/about/ 上看到我的公钥和邮箱
bwdcal

Post by bwdcal »

NarratorZ-new wrote: 16 Apr 2023 14:59
你可以在 http://narratorz.i2p/about/ 上看到我的公钥和邮箱
Hi there,

I have got your pgp key and address, please keep contact and wish to learn from you, thanks ;p
>>o<<