A i2p/i2pd problem need help

All around i2pd - a different implementation of the I2P protocol
bwdcal

A i2p/i2pd problem need help

Post by bwdcal »

Hi i2p/i2pd team,

i2pd has been running stable for a long time, but recently I found that many the following error log appears on startup and is not working. I have reseed, but problem same. I hope you can help me to see what the problem is.

Code: Select all

error - Tunnels: Can't create inbound tunnel, no peers available
error - Tunnels: Can't create outbound tunnel, no inbound tunnels found
error - Tunnels: Can't create outbound tunnel, no inbound tunnels found
error - Tunnels: Can't select next hop for 7GiygMAavd3k325nknj54jsHBIkL9~uYEeGBRKdmb3Qg
i2p on same computer have the same problem.
>>o<<
lgillis

Re: A i2p/i2pd problem need help

Post by lgillis »

I find this in the log after the cold start (/var/log/i2pd/i2pd.log). After one or two hours, it resolves without my involvement.
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
not_bob

Post by not_bob »

When this happens I just restart i2pd. It will resolve itself after a while otherwise.
bwdcal

Post by bwdcal »

not_bob wrote: 23 Mar 2023 08:04 When this happens I just restart i2pd. It will resolve itself after a while otherwise.
yes, if run long time, we can ignore it.
>>o<<
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

Does anyone still have this problem or was it fixed with version 2.47.0?
bwdcal

Post by bwdcal »

lgillis wrote: 19 Apr 2023 09:16 Does anyone still have this problem or was it fixed with version 2.47.0?
not notice it.

but,

i think i2p/i2pd should optimize net work speed and algorithm.

current network speed is very slow and not stable.
>>o<<
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

bwdcal wrote: 21 Apr 2023 03:32 not notice it.
So much the better, this seems to have solved the problem.

bwdcal wrote: 21 Apr 2023 03:32 i think i2p/i2pd should optimize net work speed and algorithm.

Feel free to open a separate thread on the topic. For preparation I recommend to download the source code via Git. The archive runs on Gitea and does not cause any problems when downloading via I2P. Git so you can see the current state and not work on possible problems that have already been fixed. You can open the source code in any IDE. For example, the IDE from Microsoft called Visual Studio is free for all operating systems and is the state of the art. But a text editor and for the first impression an analysis tool like Cppcheck is also sufficient.
bwdcal

Post by bwdcal »

lgillis wrote: 25 Apr 2023 16:19
bwdcal wrote: 21 Apr 2023 03:32 not notice it.
So much the better, this seems to have solved the problem.

bwdcal wrote: 21 Apr 2023 03:32 i think i2p/i2pd should optimize net work speed and algorithm.

Feel free to open a separate thread on the topic. For preparation I recommend to download the source code via Git. The archive runs on Gitea and does not cause any problems when downloading via I2P. Git so you can see the current state and not work on possible problems that have already been fixed. You can open the source code in any IDE. For example, the IDE from Microsoft called Visual Studio is free for all operating systems and is the state of the art. But a text editor and for the first impression an analysis tool like Cppcheck is also sufficient.
Hi lgillis,

I read the source code of i2pd in emacs and marveled at the elegance of the code and thanked the authors for their great strength.

I think after 20 years of development, there is some historical architectural debt accumulated in the i2pd project.

It would be great to get rid of the outdated, repetitive, and less meaningful code.

Unfortunately I am not a technical user and I am not good at writing software.
>>o<<