thanks zzz and some words 感谢zzz对i2p的贡献和一些想说的话

I2P router issues
bwdcal

thanks zzz and some words 感谢zzz对i2p的贡献和一些想说的话

Post by bwdcal »

I don't know you, but the i2p you are involved in is a very impressive project.
A thousand words are not enough to say, just thank you for your contribution and have a nice life.

I don't want to see people who have made great contributions disappear without a word.
If the core developers of i2p lack financial support, please start a fundraiser (in a confidential way).
I think there are many enthusiastic people who are willing to support the development of i2p with practical actions, they just don't know the technology.

I hope enthusiastic and kind people will never be discouraged about their wishes and dreams.

虽然不认识你,但你参与的i2p是非常了不起的项目。
千言万语话不多说,只感谢你的贡献,祝你生活愉快。

我不希望看到做出巨大贡献的人无声无息的消失。
如果i2p的核心开发者缺乏资金支持,请发起募捐(以保密的方式)。
我想有很多热心的人,愿意用实际行动来支持i2p的发展,他们只是不懂技术。

希望热诚善良的人们,对于自己的愿望与梦想永不气馁。

Хотя я вас не знаю, i2p, в котором вы участвуете, - очень впечатляющий проект.
Тысячи слов не хватит, чтобы сказать, просто поблагодарить вас за ваш вклад и счастливой жизни.

Я не хочу видеть, как люди, которые внесли огромный вклад, исчезают, не сказав ни слова.
Если разработчикам i2p не хватает финансовой поддержки, пожалуйста, начните сбор средств (конфиденциально).
Я думаю, что есть много энтузиастов, готовых поддержать i2p практическим способом, просто они не знают технологии.

Я надеюсь, что энтузиасты и добросердечные люди никогда не будут разочаровываться в своих стремлениях и мечтах.

Obwohl ich Sie nicht kenne, ist das i2p, an dem Sie beteiligt sind, ein sehr beeindruckendes Projekt.
Tausend Worte reichen nicht aus, um Ihnen zu sagen, dass ich Ihnen für Ihren Beitrag danke und Ihnen ein schönes Leben wünsche.

Ich möchte nicht, dass Menschen, die einen großen Beitrag geleistet haben, ohne ein Wort verschwinden.
Wenn es den Kernentwicklern von i2p an finanzieller Unterstützung mangelt, starten Sie bitte eine Spendenaktion (auf vertrauliche Art und Weise).
Ich denke, es gibt viele begeisterte Menschen, die bereit sind, i2p auf praktische Weise zu unterstützen, sie kennen nur die Technologie nicht.

Ich hoffe, dass enthusiastische und freundliche Menschen niemals in ihren Bestrebungen und Träumen entmutigt werden.

私はあなたを知りませんが、あなたが携わっているi2pはとても素晴らしいプロジェクトです。
千の言葉では言い尽くせない、ただただ貢献に感謝し、良い人生を送ってください。

大きな貢献をした人が一言もなく消えていくのは見たくないです。
もし、i2pのコア開発者が金銭的なサポートが不足しているのであれば、(秘密厳守で)資金調達を始めてください。
i2pを実用的にサポートしようとする熱心な人はたくさんいると思います、ただ技術を知らないだけなのです。

熱意があり、心優しい人たちが、自分の志や夢に対して決して落胆することがないようにと願っています。
Last edited by bwdcal on 05 Apr 2023 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
>>o<<
zzz

Re: 感谢zzz对i2p的贡献和一些想说的话 thanks zzz and some words

Post by zzz »

Code: Select all

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

After 18 years on I2P I am taking an extended break for personal reasons.
Please support eyedeekay in his new role as release manager.
zzz 2023-04-02
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=liAL
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
R0ckP1us

Post by R0ckP1us »

zzz wrote: 02 Apr 2023 14:33

zzz 2023-04-02

=liAL
Thank zzz,
Best wish to you,
God bless you!
Hi~ My E-mail : rockplus@mail.i2p
http://doub.i2p
raccoondad

Post by raccoondad »

zzz wrote: 02 Apr 2023 14:33 After 18 years on I2P I am taking an extended break for personal reasons.
Damn, its amazing how long you have worked on the project for,
Hopefully we see you again one day. Regardless, please take this time to relax. you deserve it!

Thank you for your work ZZZ, and thank you IDK as well :)
'Since The Heart Feels Pain So Easily Some Believe Life Is Pain'
raccoondad@i2pmail.org
bwdcal

Post by bwdcal »

zzz wrote: 02 Apr 2023 14:33

zzz 2023-04-02

=liAL

Thank you, zzz.

If you need help, I think many people in the i2p community are willing to help you, at least I am. I wish you a happy life. I am a non-technical user of i2p and will probably join the community next to support the idk you mentioned.

Here are some suggestions I have for i2p project and idk:

1. join some internet foundation as soon as possible, or set up an i2p foundation. Help raise funds for i2p projects in this way. Or learn lokinet and launch a digital currency model to get funding. In short, get more external support while sticking to the idea of freedom.

2. use the funds raised to significantly optimize the i2p project, including node performance and connection speed, etc. Node incentive models can be designed to make i2p networks enhanced in size and more robust.

3. promote i2p so that more people know about such a good project, participate and use it.

Technically, i2p as an underlying network project, I suggest idk to make the project support multi-platform. For example, transition to binaries and libraries built in c/c++/rust languages, and take a higher perspective on the project design. The benefits of doing so are:

1. the project builds binaries that support x86/x64/arm/mipss etc. with different build parameters. Users are able to select different versions depending on the type of hardware device (e.g. linksys router devices).

2. With the dll/so library, various people with embedding needs can develop a variety of specific clients. Doing so increases the scope of use and impact of i2p.

3. develop detailed and simple access specifications. i2p networks should be a protocol, not just a binary program. The protocol specifications should be designed to be as simple and easy to understand as possible, and released simultaneously with project updates.

4. more open and transparent technical and security information, joint other communities (e.g. tor, freenet), information sharing and cooperation (e.g. technical information, relay node information). Through cooperation and sharing, rapidly improve the network experience and speed of end users.

In summary, in the context of rapidly increasing artificial intelligence and computing power, any anonymity network needs to be extremely large in order to protect anonymity. Anonymous communities, pioneers, engineers, and hackers around the world will need to collaborate more in order to defend freedom and fight censorship.
>>o<<
echelon

Post by echelon »

bwdcal wrote: 05 Apr 2023 08:50
Here are some suggestions I have for i2p project and idk:

1. join some internet foundation as soon as possible, or set up an i2p foundation. Help raise funds for i2p projects in this way. Or learn lokinet and launch a digital currency model to get funding. In short, get more external support while sticking to the idea of freedom.

2. use the funds raised to significantly optimize the i2p project, including node performance and connection speed, etc. Node incentive models can be designed to make i2p networks enhanced in size and more robust.

3. promote i2p so that more people know about such a good project, participate and use it.

Technically, i2p as an underlying network project, I suggest idk to make the project support multi-platform. For example, transition to binaries and libraries built in c/c++/rust languages, and take a higher perspective on the project design. The benefits of doing so are:

1. the project builds binaries that support x86/x64/arm/mipss etc. with different build parameters. Users are able to select different versions depending on the type of hardware device (e.g. linksys router devices).

2. With the dll/so library, various people with embedding needs can develop a variety of specific clients. Doing so increases the scope of use and impact of i2p.

3. develop detailed and simple access specifications. i2p networks should be a protocol, not just a binary program. The protocol specifications should be designed to be as simple and easy to understand as possible, and released simultaneously with project updates.

4. more open and transparent technical and security information, joint other communities (e.g. tor, freenet), information sharing and cooperation (e.g. technical information, relay node information). Through cooperation and sharing, rapidly improve the network experience and speed of end users.
Ad 1: this need a I2P legal entity, talked about every year, and results are: the need of work to get a proper legal entity is not worth the benefit
Ad 2: see Ad1, but funds do not help much currently, I2P needs more propper devs with deep knowledge in existant code, crypto and security. Hard to find, even with proper funding
Ad 3: it is done already on lots of channels, but to do it right, it needs more people to do that job, as it takes time and ressources

Ad tecnical 1: it does this already with the libjBigi precompiled for several systems. The advantages of Java is it to run on nearly all platforms out of the box with the hard most used functions encoded in optimized libjbigi for several architectures
Ad tecnical 2: talked about lots of times, done already with iMule and other tools. To do as you would like, it would need a complete rewrite which is out of scope. Currently it is rather easy to use I2P from external software with the current APIs
Ad tecnial 3: I2P is a protocol, documented in the webpage and/or javadoc https://docs.i2p-projekt.de/ (needs to be updated, though). As other implementation of I2P does exist, the protocol is documented fairly Ok so far
Ad tecnical 4: it is done already, as seen through the dev history and meeting logs already. But not all other groups do like us to participate, e.g. several meetings with Tor on several CCC events. Results are mixed.
NarratorZ-new

Post by NarratorZ-new »

echelon wrote: 05 Apr 2023 09:28
Ad 1: this need a I2P legal entity, talked about every year, and results are: the need of work to get a proper legal entity is not worth the benefit
Ad 2: see Ad1, but funds do not help much currently, I2P needs more propper devs with deep knowledge in existant code, crypto and security. Hard to find, even with proper funding
Ad 3: it is done already on lots of channels, but to do it right, it needs more people to do that job, as it takes time and ressources

Ad tecnical 1: it does this already with the libjBigi precompiled for several systems. The advantages of Java is it to run on nearly all platforms out of the box with the hard most used functions encoded in optimized libjbigi for several architectures
Ad tecnical 2: talked about lots of times, done already with iMule and other tools. To do as you would like, it would need a complete rewrite which is out of scope. Currently it is rather easy to use I2P from external software with the current APIs
Ad tecnial 3: I2P is a protocol, documented in the webpage and/or javadoc https://docs.i2p-projekt.de/ (needs to be updated, though). As other implementation of I2P does exist, the protocol is documented fairly Ok so far
Ad tecnical 4: it is done already, as seen through the dev history and meeting logs already. But not all other groups do like us to participate, e.g. several meetings with Tor on several CCC events. Results are mixed.
Is much of the configuration of the official Java client too conservative for the modern Internet? Certainly, the deployment of SSU2 has greatly improved speed.
A satisfied I2Pd user, I2Pd 2.50.0
lgillis

Re: thanks zzz and some words 感谢zzz对i2p的贡献和一些想说的话

Post by lgillis »

So so, the head developer shuts down his servers overnight without a word of warning and apparently no one has a backup. Not even a backup of the data linked to from the project. And nobody asks him for a backup. That you can't make backups of other people's I2P sites without being permanently blocked by the built-in I2P AI is already clear, but you could have at least asked him for a backup.

LOL!
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
echelon

Post by echelon »

Hi

as noted elsewhere, zzz did run his forum on his hardware in his entity.
He is still alive and we may ask him for a backup in time he is reachable again. But I doubt this will happen soon.

This I2Pforum.net is backed up properly and does have access by more than one person, but it is not used as a dev forum before the other, more convineit one, was shut down.
XANA

Post by XANA »

I could run forum on my server running high speed node so it would not it be problem.
Issue comes from point of this:
1. zzz was running the forum and database.
2. If zzz was going to allow other person to run on another server it would require someone trusted (otherwise database could be used in wrong way)

Though best way would be to make read only forum display with froward people to this forum.
Let me know what you think?