Is there some documentation for the router.config options?

I2P router issues
mahiro

Is there some documentation for the router.config options?

Post by mahiro »

I don't know too many options, is some documentation tell me the usage of (at least almost) all router.config options?
BeaconLilt

Re: Is there some documentation for the router.config options?

Post by BeaconLilt »

When asked about router.config the answer given was,

zzz

"...In general, it's not productive to look at the advanced settings and try to figure out what they do - instead, use the UI to configure things the way you want them, and if you can't find a way to do it in the UI, then ask for how to do it in advanced settings..."
echelon

Post by echelon »

Not much docs, but I gathered:
http://echelon.i2p/docs/advanced.options.txt

everything else much from the code itself: docs.i2p2.de

echelon
jogger

Post by jogger »

Some useful hints:

routerconsole.advanced=true
This will give you access to more options and enable you to change settings on the fly from /configadvanced without restarting. Useful for number of connections and tunnels.

router.maxParticipatingTunnels=
Best way to control bandwidth if you do not need fixed limits.

i2np.udp.maxConnections=
i2np.ntcp.maxConnections=
set these lower than 3 times your actual observed values. This way older unused connections will time out faster and save you CPU in the parts of code that do a full cycle through all connections, thus making your router faster. This is a hidden feature, look out for those havecap(33) calls in the source.
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

jogger wrote: 15 Apr 2019 06:24 router.maxParticipatingTunnels=
Best way to control bandwidth if you do not need fixed limits.
With this setting the network connections in the section participants can be limited. The benefit is to relieve weak network cards. A weak network card can be recognized by the fact that the PC feels like a wobbly ship and that it is no longer possible to work sensibly with it. The fact that the bandwidth is limited is a pure side effect that dissipates as soon as 100 participants consume the same bandwidth as 2000. If the goal is to limit the bandwidth, the appropriate settings for upload and download should be used.
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n