Why I2P more complain "Website Unreachable" then i2pd?

I2P router issues
mahiro

Why I2P more complain "Website Unreachable" then i2pd?

Post by mahiro »

I tried some thing like:

Code: Select all

cd ~/.i2p
ln -s ../i2p.common/peerProfiles/ ../i2p.common/netDb/ ./
cd ~/.i2pd
ln -s ../i2p.common/peerProfiles/ ../i2p.common/netDb/ ./
Also I tried link to empty direcotry, In all case the Java I2P obvious more complain "Website Unreachable" then i2pd.
Ahtough Java I2P obvious more complain, but not complete "Website Unreachable".
The Java i2p not work with uptime>=42min and i2pd work with uptime<5min.
How do I fix this?
lgillis

Re: Why I2P more complain "Website Unreachable" then i2pd?

Post by lgillis »

This could be interesting, because this "Unreachable" is extremely annoying. For me, the most common reason to complain about website operators who try to attract audiences and contributors with the basic setting of 3 hops. Because the modifications made are either lost or have to be found out by reloading the original pages, whether they have arrived after all. A very time-consuming undertaking, if you are willing to get involved at all. But this is nothing new, probably thousands of participants have been lost over the years due to this circumstance. The logical consequence is that social issues are mainly dealt with on platforms such as reddit and only the robust programs that hardly require human participation run here.

What did your other test environment look like? What do you mean by "obvious more", is it a perceived ratio or is it based on counts? Did the test take place on the same days at the same time or are we talking about a sample from Thursday between 10 and 14 o'clock?

> "The Java i2p not work with uptime>=42min"

I can't confirm this, my connections break during the whole runtime and not predictably, of course whenever I edit a website.

> "How do I fix this?"

That's a good question. Possibly by appealing to the site operators to reconsider the number of hops, for example, needs a hobby project such a high level of security or two hops are enough. And of course this also applies to your own security needs. Organizing more reliable bandwidth by making the net attractive to ordinary people, which means that participants must participate in existing projects instead of sitting them out, and developers should no longer pull people off the net by permanently linking to the open net and outsourcing development. Because it is not goal-oriented to want to build a network from which one distances oneself at the same time.
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
mahiro

Post by mahiro »

I try to change hop from 0 to 1 for HTTP proxy tunnel, this problem go way.
However, i2pd no same problem with 0 hop HTTP proxy tunnel.
I guess my censor can recognize the HTTP traffic patterns of 0 hop java i2p, but not i2pd yet.
echelon

Post by echelon »

Hi

No, 0 hop means; direct connections, aka no need for I2P itself.
Why do you use 0 hop tunnels?
It renders I2p useless, as it connects directly to the server intunnel, no anonymity for you.
You can use your network line direct without I2P, it has the same effect.

echelon
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

> "You can use your network line direct without I2P, it has the same effect."

It's not exactly true. With a 0-Hop setting you have the possibility to surf the net as an observer. But you have no influence on the hops of the opposite side:

Client -|- hopa1 - hopa2 - hopa3 - Server

And even if one occasionally expresses one's opinion with this setting, this is unproblematic in 999.99 out of 1000 cases, as long as these participants already live in countries in which freedom of expression is guaranteed. The use of I2P is not forbidden, as can be seen from the fact that some of the developers are known by name and some even decorate their accounts with a portrait of themselves or advertise their homepages on the Internet etc.
Why should someone who wants to support the project but is not interested in active participation put hops in his way? In short, the 0-Hops setting has its justification, otherwise it would not exist.
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
mahiro

Post by mahiro »

echelon wrote: 23 Feb 2019 18:18 Why do you use 0 hop tunnels?
I use i2p's outproxy as one unblockable proxy to use tor.
tor and almost proxy, VPN, etc. was blocked by my country national firewall.
My anonymity protect by tor, "i2p help me connect to the tor" is the main usage by me.