i2p docker nas

I2P router issues
apelton

i2p docker nas

Post by apelton »

Hello everyone,

I recently startet to run i2p dockerized on my nas. I managed to set up everything but I do have some questions and hope that you guys can help me. I do not have an IT background so I hope you will forgive me if some of them seem overly simple.

In version it says 0.9.31-0-1ubuntu1, but on my windows machine it is already on 0.9.34. I picked to pull "latest", is this the actual latest version for this?
Also, I used to edit my wrapper.conf, but I cannot find it in its directory. Is there something like this in this variant or another way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
echelon

Re: i2p docker nas

Post by echelon »

Hi!

As seen on geti2p.net the latest release version is 0.9.34. But depending on the system you use, you may get older packages from your repository.
Check geti2p.net/i2p-projekt.de for latest updates.
The wrapper.conf is a seperate config for the java wrapper. That file should be in /etc/i2p/wrapper.config.
But I2P does also run without that wrapper, check the runplain.sh script.
It will loose the ability to be restarted from router console while running without wrapper.

echelon
apelton

Post by apelton »

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I used https://hub.docker.com/r/geti2p/i2p/ and it pulled 0.9.31, so is there something wrong in how this is set up? Also, /etc/i2p/wrapper.config simply wasn't created with this (has it to with

rm -rf /var/lib/i2p && \
mkdir -p /var/lib/i2p/i2p-config && \
chown -R i2psvc:i2psvc /var/lib/i2p && \
rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* /var/tmp/* /tmp/*?),

I always ran it with wrapper.config in order to increase memory for the router (just now, as I was writing this the router ran out of memory and shut down... -_-). As I know nothing about changing the commands used, would it be the best way to proceed to just try a different docker build?

Thank!
echelon

Post by echelon »

Hi

Oh, you do use the docker image (and did not create a new, own docker container).
OK, that image is managed by a member outside of the current I2P team. Sorry I did mixed that.
Currently the dev of the docker container is not reachable and did not update the container for unknown reason.
Sorry I cannot help more in here. But I did see there is a pull request on the docker container for 0.9.33 already.
If we get in contact with the docker image admin, we request a upgrade.

echelon
apelton

Post by apelton »

Hey,

thx for your reply. I'd like to use the somewhat official docker image from https://hub.docker.com/r/meeh/i2p.i2p/ but I fail to set persistent storage as the standard var/lib/i2p path doesn't work. Can anyone point me in the right direction? And is there another way to increase wrapper.java.maxmemory besides wrapper.conf? Could I just copy the wrapper.conf from github and place it in the i2p folder?

Thx in advance,

A
spammywindy

Post by spammywindy »

Is this the only place you can keep the wrapper.config? If it is stored here, it belongs to `root` not the current user. Can I create a wrapper.config inside ~/.i2p and have i2p read all configurations from there instead or i2p will only read configurations from /etc/i2p/wrapper.config ?
echelon wrote: 22 Apr 2018 19:21 The wrapper.conf is a seperate config for the java wrapper. That file should be in /etc/i2p/wrapper.config.
NEVER MIND: I found the answer here: https://trac.i2p2.de/wiki/OOM
TL;TR: /etc/i2p/wrapper.config is where i2p stores configurations for the wrapper.