0.9.33 rate limits

I2P router issues
jogger

0.9.33 rate limits

Post by jogger »

The 0.9.33 release notes mention rate limits being introduced. I did see nothing in the hidden service manager. Any hint to some documentation would be helpful to decide whether I have to adapt something.
echelon

Re: 0.9.33 rate limits

Post by echelon »

Hi

The limits are in the hidden service manager under the headline "Server Throttling":
Inbound connection limits (0=unlimited) in amount per timeframe, e.g. per client 10/minute, 100/hour and 1000/day.
It should be self explaining, requests are accepted until those limits are reached, afterwards requests are rejected.
Be wise to set the Total limit high enough, or youre service may not be reachable a long time.

Also a Max concurrent connections (0=unlimited) setting is set for new services. This limits the amount of parallel accesses per service. If limit is reached, error is logged and surplus connections are rejected.

And a POST limits (0=unlimited) per client and overall. Same as above, timeframe to set and amount of posts per client/overall in that timeframe are counted. Also you can set the bantime here.

echelon
jogger

Post by jogger »

Thanks, found it in the "i2p hidden services" section by clicing on "i2p webserver". So it will not affect anything else.
slumlord

Post by slumlord »

What do I2P users think about basic graphs for hidden service usage (e.g. connection rates vs. time, POST rates vs. time)?

I wasn't sure about how to set the rate limits and I was thinking that if I had some graphs that showed me what an average level of usage was, I would be able to better decide what level of usage would be suspicious/concerning.
Qubes

Post by Qubes »

Use common sense. If your system is not very well secured, on for more than 6 hours, and you do not actively monitor router(s) keep your bandwidth under 3 digits for each router. For a personal thing I keep it at 1 digit (around 5) to fly under the radar as much as possible (maybe use a cloud router such as TinHat).
Watch some tunnels that will get out of control quickly.

Unrelated: If your address book (or help menu) comes out in Vietcong (the last language of the UI) you have been a temporary victim of a spider attack and "they" got your router addresses. Time to reset or reinstall. This is very (as in extremely 1-2 times in the last year 2017-2018) rare.
MANIAC

Post by MANIAC »

Qubes wrote: 23 Mar 2018 13:29 Use common sense. If your system is not very well secured, on for more than 6 hours, and you do not actively monitor router(s) keep your bandwidth under 3 digits for each router. For a personal thing I keep it at 1 digit (around 5) to fly under the radar as much as possible (maybe use a cloud router such as TinHat).
Watch some tunnels that will get out of control quickly.

Unrelated: If your address book (or help menu) comes out in Vietcong (the last language of the UI) you have been a temporary victim of a spider attack and "they" got your router addresses. Time to reset or reinstall. This is very (as in extremely 1-2 times in the last year 2017-2018) rare.
I never know what you're talking about, Qubes. I think you act like you know more than you actually do.