Feature Requests

The MuWire file sharing application
zlatinb

Re: Feature Requests

Post by zlatinb »

Tightening the tree wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, I added "left-margin:-1.5%" and it looks a lot less spaced out. Give it a try, it's build 54. (Make sure you shift-refresh)
B0B wrote: 20 Mar 2020 14:05
Making icons is no problem for me but it's a matter of taste if one likes them or not. I'll try to find some time to make a few.
By all means go for it! I'll keep stabbing at the other features.
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

zlatinb wrote: 20 Mar 2020 14:24 I'll keep stabbing at the other features.
I think I got everything I wanted in bulid 66. The "view as table" page isn't done, but the tree should look much better now.
B0B

Post by B0B »

It's still not perfect on small screens but definitely an improvement.

Did some icon-attempts. For now only a few orange-based ones.

(Above direct image link may not work. The url does)

https://anonfile.com/x9m5Jaieo0/icon-overview-1_png

From left to right:
About Me - Browse Host - Chat (?) - Configuration Page - Connect - Downloads - Feeds - Mu Status - Not Started - Search - Shared Files - Trust List - Trust Users - Uploads

It may be I missed one or more. Can you post a list with the used icons?
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

I think you got most of the icons covered. I don't think I'll be implementing chat in the plugin, at least not for now. I will be adding a "File Details" page but that's not going to need an icon as it won't be linked from the sidebar.

Before I can accept your icons I must ask for your permission to license them under public domain. The current icons and some of the CSS are copied from Bote which is GPLv3 and I can't re-license MuWire until I get rid of them. The reason I want MuWire to be public domain is so that it can be bundled by default with the Java I2P router.
B0B

Post by B0B »

zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 01:08 I don't think I'll be implementing chat in the plugin, at least not for now.
I thought I read something about it a while ago, not sure. It's in there anyways :-)
zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 01:08 Before I can accept your icons I must ask for your permission to license them under public domain.
The above image was just an example. When the other colors are done (in case of changed background colors) I'll make a 7-Zip archive with everything in it. All included graphics will be licensed as CC0 (https://creativecommons.org/share-your- ... main/cc0//). In short: no restrictions. Free to use, transfer to other license, modify and/or redistribute, commercially or non-commercially,
zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 01:08 The reason I want MuWire to be public domain is so that it can be bundled by default with the Java I2P router.
My icons are all separate .PNG images. Those from Bote are not, I think, so I hope your HTML/CSS is flexible enough.

Running 0.6.11-b76 right now. Suggestion for the Shared Files pop-up box that appears when hovering ACTION. Giving the box a background color makes it more visible. In this case anything but white or green will do as long it's not too dark to keep the text readable. Also noticed the "copy hash" option. That may be a useful addition for the heavy user.
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

Chat is available in standalone but is very cumbersome, so hardly anyone uses it.
B0B wrote: 22 Mar 2020 02:22 Running 0.6.11-b76 right now. Suggestion for the Shared Files pop-up box that appears when hovering ACTION. Giving the box a background color makes it more visible. In this case anything but white or green will do as long it's not too dark to keep the text readable.
Please suggest a color.. if I pick something it will end up looking hideous. Right now the background is set to white but for some reason when viewing shared files as a table it appears green.

Also, I just upped build 88 with a new function - "Show details" for a shared file which shows any search hits as well as any downloads of the file.
B0B

Post by B0B »

zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 03:07 Chat is available in standalone but is very cumbersome, so hardly anyone uses it.
That must be where I once read about it. Ran the stand alone version for a short while, long ago.
zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 03:07 Please suggest a color.. if I pick something it will end up looking hideous.
It's a matter of taste. The corners of the icons have transparency to make them fit on more or less any background color. Maybe just stick with the "orange" ones.

I uploaded the icon archive here https://anonfile.com/l7xeR3ibo4/MuWireIcons_7z and there https://bayfiles.com/f5ycR3ifo9/MuWireIcons_7z
Both are the same 7-Zip (CRC32: 4771770A) and a "license.txt" is included.

In the package are 3 colors. Orange, Blue and Green, both in 24x24 and 32x32 size. So there are 84 icons but you only need 14 (or 13) of them. Since the ones you have now are 24x24 in size I'd go for the same size for now.
zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 03:07 Right now the background is set to white but for some reason when viewing shared files as a table it appears green.
That's because the table background is defined as green in your CSS.

#table-wrapper table * {
background: #ceeee8;
color: black;
}

"#ceeee8" is the green color ("black" are the characters).
Making it #f5f5f5 gives it the same light-gray color as used elsewhere in MuWire. I think it looks better than plain white.
Note that you also may have to add "background-color: #f5f5f5;" as some browsers expect "background:" where others expect "background-color:". Yeah, I know, 2020, but still differences in what they assume as a "standard".
zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 03:07Also, I just upped build 88 with a new function - "Show details" for a shared file which shows any search hits as well as any downloads of the file.
I'm on build 94 now and MuWire is really improving with all those added features. One thing about the "Shared Files Table view". It may be the earlier change (-1.5% margin) broke something. Now the listed info is overlapping in smaller windows, making it harder to read and click.
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

Thank you very much for the icons and the CSS advice. You know you can share the 7z bundles on MuWire itself and post the hash here, (assuming you don't mind me finding out your MuWire username, which I think is ß0ß).
B0B wrote: 22 Mar 2020 20:13 One thing about the "Shared Files Table view". It may be the earlier change (-1.5% margin) broke something. Now the listed info is overlapping in smaller windows, making it harder to read and click.
Strange because that margin is only applicable to the class "fileTree" and should not touch the file table. Which build are you comparing it with? If it's before b33 then the "publish" link wasn't there which would cause the right floating div to take up more space.

One thing which I really don't like is that if you hover over "Actions" on the last row of the files table, it requires you to scroll the table to see the hover menu. This is some advanced z-index magic way above my CSS pay level :D If I figure out a solution for it I will convert more of the links on tables to hover menus.
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

build 98 is out with your blue24x24 set. Looking great, thanks again!
B0B

Post by B0B »

zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 20:29 You know you can share the 7z bundles on MuWire itself and post the hash here, (assuming you don't mind me finding out your MuWire username, which I think is ß0ß).
I know I can but I want to keep my P2P identity hidden. Not that I have a reason for it but you'll never know what may change in the near future. Oh, and my name is not "BOB" over there :-)
zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 20:29 Strange because that margin is only applicable to the class "fileTree" and should not touch the file table. Which build are you comparing it with?
Oops. False info. It's the screen with search results when viewed as "Group By Sender". Narrow the browser and you'll see (build 94).

It looks like something like a "min-width:" declaration is needed for the cells with the user-ID's (listed under "Sender"). Took a quick look but there's no class yet for the particular "td" and "tr" elements (only global) so it has to be created if it happens to be the issue.
zlatinb wrote: 22 Mar 2020 20:29 One thing which I really don't like is that if you hover over "Actions" on the last row of the files table, it requires you to scroll the table to see the hover menu.
I see what you mean. Tried some Z-index tricks without result. That's a tough one.