Feature Requests

The MuWire file sharing application
B0B

Re: Feature Requests

Post by B0B »

zlatinb wrote: 28 Mar 2020 16:22 For now I've added "Help" tooltips next to the "Share" button that warn the user about networked drives situation in build b27.
That's a nice addition. It can also be a way to display additional info about any of the chosen (active) buttons. I noticed there's already a "Search" tool tip. Might require a "question mark" icon :-)
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

B0B wrote: 28 Mar 2020 17:57
zlatinb wrote: 28 Mar 2020 16:22 For now I've added "Help" tooltips next to the "Share" button that warn the user about networked drives situation in build b27.
That's a nice addition. It can also be a way to display additional info about any of the chosen (active) buttons. I noticed there's already a "Search" tool tip. Might require a "question mark" icon :-)
Yes a question mark icon would be nice. Now that I know how to do tooltips I'll sprinkle a few all over, including the configuration page
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

zlatinb wrote: 28 Mar 2020 18:01 Yes a question mark icon would be nice. Now that I know how to do tooltips I'll sprinkle a few all over, including the configuration page
Done in b33
B0B

Post by B0B »

zlatinb wrote: 28 Mar 2020 19:56 Done in b33
It's getting better by the day, feature wise.

Pushed the blue icon into the repository. An archive with all colors/sizes is attached to a comment. I hope that works.
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

B0B wrote: 28 Mar 2020 22:54
zlatinb wrote: 28 Mar 2020 19:56 Done in b33
It's getting better by the day, feature wise.

Pushed the blue icon into the repository. An archive with all colors/sizes is attached to a comment. I hope that works.
Thanks, icon looks good. Right now it's only in your repo, and your repo needs to be brought up to date with mine. Do the following:

Code: Select all

git remote add upstream git@127.0.0.1:zlatinb/muwire
git pull upstream master
git push
Then create an MR against my repo. If everything works, it should contain just the icon.
B0B

Post by B0B »

zlatinb wrote: 28 Mar 2020 23:05

Code: Select all

git remote add upstream
Sound good, for linux... Need to find a way to do that in Windows. Didn't set up a tunnel for git.
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

B0B wrote: 25 Mar 2020 15:11 May I suggest a small cosmetic CSS adjustment for the Shared files Tree & Table?

Changing background and adding hover color to improve visibility.
Different padding to center content in drop box.
Figured out how to propagate the change to the hover menu on the tables. b42
B0B

Post by B0B »

Have an issue with MuWire after an i2p service restart.

When manually stopping and starting the service (on Windows: sc stop i2p / sc start i2p) everything get reconnected perfectly. All tunnels are working, MuWire/status page shows connections and uploads are resumed. But... "Status" on the main page shows "Connections: Down" so doing a "Search" is not possible. ("Not initialized" error message).

Need to manually stop the plugin from the i2p console, wait about 20 seconds, and start it again. Only then it starts to show connections, making "Search" work again.
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

B0B wrote: 29 Mar 2020 16:00 Have an issue with MuWire after an i2p service restart.

When manually stopping and starting the service (on Windows: sc stop i2p / sc start i2p) everything get reconnected perfectly. All tunnels are working, MuWire/status page shows connections and uploads are resumed. But... "Status" on the main page shows "Connections: Down" so doing a "Search" is not possible. ("Not initialized" error message).

Need to manually stop the plugin from the i2p console, wait about 20 seconds, and start it again. Only then it starts to show connections, making "Search" work again.
Thanks, I've created an issue http://git.idk.i2p/zlatinb/muwire/issues/42 so I don't forget.
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

B0B wrote: 29 Mar 2020 16:00 Have an issue with MuWire after an i2p service restart.

question: was a browser tab open on the search page while the router was restarted? If yes, can you try closing all browser tabs which are open with MuWire, then restarting the i2p service?