How do i use the filter in search tab?

The MuWire file sharing application
robabok978

How do i use the filter in search tab?

Post by robabok978 »

I want to

search only for files greater than y MB and less than X GB?

search only for files with sources reater than y?

search only collections?

search for files with one argument only in the comment - 1999 or 720p or general a tag?

I can change this in the optons, but a search like comments:(Tag, Tag2) is not possible or i
didn't see it in the guides.

and
was does the option "Alow tracking" mean. Is this for the feeds?
and when i disable "allow browsing", "Send folder information with results", people can still download from me, even the collections? But won't see my dirstruct names etc.?

Can collections be downloaded, i mean the collection as itself. Is this like a file with all the hashes or is this noexistant even
it has a hash?

Thanks
zlatinb

Re: How do i use the filter in search tab?

Post by zlatinb »

robabok978 wrote: 10 Apr 2022 20:26 I want to

search only for files greater than y MB and less than X GB?

search only for files with sources reater than y?

search only collections?

search for files with one argument only in the comment - 1999 or 720p or general a tag?

I can change this in the optons, but a search like comments:(Tag, Tag2) is not possible or i
didn't see it in the guides.
At the moment it's not possible, what you would do is group-by-file then sort the size column, or the sources column, or the collections column, etc.
was does the option "Alow tracking" mean. Is this for the feeds?
Trackers are a side-project of mine, see https://github.com/zlatinb/muwire/wiki/Tracker-Daemon
At the moment there are no active trackers to my knowledge and the project isn't going very fast.
and when i disable "allow browsing", "Send folder information with results", people can still download from me, even the collections? But won't see my dirstruct names etc.?
* if you disable "allow browsing" the "Browse Files" button will be disabled and they will not be able to see all your shared files that way
* If you disable "Send folder information with results" they will not be able to see the names of your shared folders and will not be able to see your files as a tree
* I'm not sure what you mean by "distrust names", if you're talking about identities you distrust that's the "allow others to see my contact list" option
Can collections be downloaded, i mean the collection as itself. Is this like a file with all the hashes or is this noexistant even
it has a hash?
If you click on "Download full collection" the entire collection will be downloaded and then added to your repository of collections.
robabok978

Post by robabok978 »

Thanks,
every time i found something new :)
I meant directory structure. I disabled browsing, but let folder info enabled. With this the shared files
dir tree is downloadable, bur others can't see the folder structure above that, right?

What about the filter field? What can i do with it?
zlatinb

Post by zlatinb »

robabok978 wrote: 10 Apr 2022 22:56 I meant directory structure. I disabled browsing, but let folder info enabled. With this the shared files
dir tree is downloadable, bur others can't see the folder structure above that, right?
The folder structure above the shared folders is never visible. If you are running a beta build the folder names which are not visible are colored gray.
What about the filter field? What can i do with it?
It lets you search for files inside your library. Useful when the libraries get too big.