Rationality.

Misc topics about I2P
Puzzle

Rationality.

Post by Puzzle »

Most torrent users are egoists. They stop seeding immediately after complete download. As result there is often only one seeder with ratio up to 200% - me. This fact negates the advantage of torrents.

I compared the system summary information for snark and ftp daemon. I was stunned by the difference found.

Code: Select all

Prog  |  VIRT   RES   SHR  %CPU %MEM
------+-----------------------------
Snark | 372408 81720 11608  0,0  8,6
FTPd  | 15912  2776  2380   0,0  0,3
I see no reason to bear the burden of seeding anymore. HTTPd and especially flexible FTPd have undeniable advantages over Snark in terms of rational consumption of resources at least.
--
Политика власти - уничтожение населения!
Превращение их в рабов!
Скажите, почему на ТВ такое веселье?
Почему из населения делают дураков?
lgillis

Re: Rationality.

Post by lgillis »

Puzzle wrote: 01 Nov 2021 18:59 Most torrent users are egoists. They stop seeding immediately after complete download. As result there is often only one seeder with ratio up to 200% - me. This fact negates the advantage of torrents.
Is the topic "Ethics and morality in file sharing"? Then the question is not only permissible but imperative, what you distribute via BitTorrent. Is it the fruits of your labor that you want to share willingly and presumably for free, or are you more concerned with the arbitrary redistribution of property to gain a competitive advantage? People certainly want to know that before they engage in a rational conversation.
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
Puzzle

Post by Puzzle »

I share movies with long description. So, everyone knows what exactly he will download.

The topic is "Reasonable superiority of FTPd over BitTorrent". Although I didn't say it in the previous post, however the FTP provided a better download speed than the torrent client (thanks to multimple parallel connections). This is another important benefit. 2:0
--
Политика власти - уничтожение населения!
Превращение их в рабов!
Скажите, почему на ТВ такое веселье?
Почему из населения делают дураков?
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

Very well, the cards are on the table and the topic has been determined. Unfortunately, I myself can not join in the conversation, but I wish a pleasant conversation.
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n