Resuming Monthly Meetings

HowTos, FAQs, Tips & Tricks, & Guides
eyedeekay

Resuming Monthly Meetings

Post by eyedeekay »

The monthly meeting situation:

For the past 2 months, monthly meetings have not happened as planned. The intention of this post is to organize a return to the pattern of having a monthly meeting for devs to interface with the community and resolve some of the issues that led to the dwindling of monthly meetings.

The number one reason for the monthly meetings being cancelled or unscheduled is the poor attendance. While I personally am open to exploring options to improve attendance by building more bridges to clearnet chat(a'la the bridge to Freenode for i2p-dev), or to altering the timing of the meeting to accomodate people, fundamentally we just need to show up. There is no other solution.

IMPORTANT

As of right now, I am scheduling the monthly dev/community meetings to resume on August 4, 2020, at the same time as before, 8PM UTC. You have until the 20th of August to object to this time and suggest another one. This is not a guarantee that we'll reschedule, just that it can be brought to the table if it is a matter of attendance.

Before the 20th of August, I will set up a KiwiIRC instance on a subdomain of i2pgit.org and will announce it on Reddit and this forum. We'll use this to improve community attendance from people who do not otherwise participate in IRC, or devs who do not have access to their IRC client.

TOPICS
  1. Resuming Development Meeting
  • 0.9.47 Release
  • Default Communication Channels/Controlled Vocabulary
Please reply with suggestions or topics you would like to discuss.
eyedeekay

Re: Resuming Monthly Meetings

Post by eyedeekay »

Please note that this Tuesday, the 7th will have a meeting. There will be no mandatory attendance, but it is strongly advised that developers attend to discuss ongoing meetings.