near Live streaming possible with muwire and collections?

HowTos, FAQs, Tips & Tricks, & Guides
robabok978

near Live streaming possible with muwire and collections?

Post by robabok978 »

Can collections be updated, if their content has changed
(or the content of the folder there in, if files for the collections can be that seperated) ?

If i understand right:
Collections are a list of files that can be downloaded parallel and published. It has one owner and be easily search for by hash/regex/nme.

When a video is streamed in the clearnet it is often split into chunks which are combined tagain together on the receiver side by a list.

If collections are updateable, a search by hash is here not a possible, because it would change with other/changon files inside because it is a hash over the hashes of the dies "inside". Right? @zlatinb

When you want to stream and you are only one source you need to leverage/split the load to spread the stream faster to more people
So when you live straem, write the stream in chunks of x sec/min on your hd with a distinct and increasing numbered name.
Use muwire to pack them into a collection.
Propagate the collection when start streaming.
Collection gets updated by the streamer/uploader every y sec/min and the viewer client will repeat a search for the collection every z sec/min.

For the streamer part:
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/ ... -once.932/
and then use ffmpeg to split. If splitting is accurate and has no dropping - which should prevent clean combining on the receiver side, this could work. The player has to be somekind of capable off playing an updated playlist (I don't know how they do it exactly in the clearnet). I don*t know about that.

Would it be possible with this method to realize a bandwith shared, easy distributable likely Live streaming method with muwire?

What do you think?

Thanks
lgillis

Re: near Live streaming possible with muwire and collections?

Post by lgillis »

Why so complicated when there are already ready-made solutions like PeerTube?
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
robabok978

Post by robabok978 »

Not that complicated (and kind of similiary), but for sure unnecessary if peertube allows live streaming and has a infrasstructure and a nice gui. Maybe the muwire/collection could be alternative if it is even possible - the reason i asked for.

With peertube it is for sure easier for the people to adapt their streaming and distributionmodel for a decentrilized bittorrent one.

Is it possible to implement the complete peertube in i2p? (does it only need some instances in i2p wihout modifications?)

I found a thread from 2018 :) where people talked about it. They are more focused on webtorrent and the use in i2p.
I2p could help here solving the problem of broadcasting without revealing the users or creators ip address.
But more hasn*t happened since. Do you know more?

I also think that there isn't that big of a demand for any live streaming at the moment, but the future will show.
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

As far as I remember, the promise was that I2P will work like the Internet, with the difference of anonymizing the participants. But then it turned out that even setting up a website with common and popular software that offers more than the built-in static web business card presents the average participant with a technically almost insurmountable challenge. Until now, this meant that every Internet-enabled application had to be rewritten or at least fundamentally adapted for I2P. The software MuWire btw treats when distributing a bundle of different files as one file, if I understood that correctly, which can already cause confusion at the seed. But this is also only a technical aspect and MuWire has after all a developer, who does not let himself be swayed despite or because of the transported media.

Many producers see no way to create their own productions while necessarily maintaining their anonymity and at the same time reaping the fame, and prefer to choose other ways of publishing. What remains is the vast majority of participants who over the years have made I2P what it is today. For the de facto pirate TV, it is therefore necessary to recruit competent developers, who should be more resilient than average due to the promoted content. Until you find someone who can handle it, you can try to simulate "live streaming" with BitTorrent, which is technically related. This will also give you an impression of the performance of the P2P network. For this, the BitTorrent client is made to download sequentially and the desired resolution of the "live broadcast" can be defined via the tunnel length. After a part of the broadcast is cached, it can be started with a media player. Just try it out and report your experiences.
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n