429 @Admin wiki.i2p-projekt.i2p

Issues with this Forum? Post them here
lgillis

429 @Admin wiki.i2p-projekt.i2p

Post by lgillis »

Dear Admin, please be so kind and explain to the users what they have to consider when editing the wiki.

For example, there is a relatively frequent message that says: "Denied due to excessive requests. Please try again later". What does the Administrator mean by "excessive requests" and how quickly (or slowly) should the logged-in user cooperate in your opinion? After all, it is important to avoid a possible loss of data, which can occur if an uninformed user is locked out of the system.

Can you put the necessary help on the main page of the wiki so that everyone can read it?
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
echelon

Re: 429 @Admin wiki.i2p-projekt.i2p

Post by echelon »

Isn't that a wiki topic instead of a i2pforum topic?

In general most services inside of i2p are rate limited to prohibite spam and other malicious content.
Rate limiting does only allow a certian amount of requests per time unit.

echelon
lgillis

Re: 429 @Admin wiki.i2p-projekt.i2p

Post by lgillis »

> echelon: „Isn't that a wiki topic instead of a i2pforum topic?“

Does the question apply to me? And if so, where do you see the difference? I mean, if the administrator of the Wiki wanted to communicate with the simple people there, then he would have taken appropriate precautions long ago, such as to identify himself as a contact person on the designated pages. Or how do you see that?

> echelon: prohibite spam and other malicious content.

Malicious tongues would say, first the alleged defenders of freedom of speech with I2P send an invitation to all antisocials, criminals and pedophiles of this world and create problems, which the world would not have without this software, and then, when they realize that they themselves are a little bit affected by such an everyday nonsense as unsolicited advertising, then they take in their desperation the big stick out of the bag and hit everyone who makes himself somehow suspicious in their eyes, for example, by collaborating on wikis. On the other hand, criminals are lured in with increasingly sophisticated security that is supposed to make it impossible for the democratically legitimized authorities to take such people out of circulation.

Thank you for taking the time!
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n