Can't post an article with many URLs

Issues with this Forum? Post them here
villain

Can't post an article with many URLs

Post by villain »

When I try to post my XMPP how-to it shows an error:

Your message contains too many URLs. The maximum number of URLs allowed is 10.

That is probably something related to anti-spam. If that could be fixed, I'd repost a full article here.
echelon

Re: Can't post an article with many URLs

Post by echelon »

Hey

yeah, thats a anti-spam feature.
Do you really need more than 10 URLs to describe how a XMPP client is configured?
Can't you strip down the number of needed URLs? Or device the artivle in more parts?

And: How many URLs do you need? Useless to set it to 15 now and you need 16 ;-)

edit: raised to 20 currently.

echelon
villain

Post by villain »

Now it's fine, thanks.

Also, this article has images, but they could leak IP when forum is viewed in I2P. Maybe forum could have internal image hosting for GUI tutorials and screenshots?
echelon

Post by echelon »

Hi

Good topic, currently not possible, but I will work on it the next weeks.
In between: please use the external images, users should have set proxy for images (at least http://). Its a small issue, but it does exist. Risk is acceptable IMHO for now.
But a big issue will arise: images needs to be reachable via clearnet and I2P, so a img hoster out of I2P needs to be used. A script rewrite of URLs would be nice, too, but currently we will not hassle with forum source.

Sorry for the hassle, will be solved, but not just today.

echelon
Qubes

Post by Qubes »

If this is supervilain https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs ... lain/i2pd/ I'm honored.

There is a lot of i2p info fragmentation in a lot of forums with Reddit being the most popular choice. I don't think i2p Java has the resources to maintain a forum of the likes of Google, Reddit etc...

What I would like to have is an external verified link to this forum topics. Users post a link and other users verify that link.

There are so many i2p developments that is hard to keep track of them. My favorites are....
villain

Post by villain »

Just testing if I could post on this forum with w3m browser...