Using standalone I2PSnark with i2pd

Issues and ideas about I2PSnark
aegypius

Using standalone I2PSnark with i2pd

Post by aegypius »

I am having difficulty using standalone I2PSnark with i2pd. I have enabled I2CP in i2pd, and can see that the client is communicating with the router and that right number/length of tunnels are being made. Manually adding a torrent to i2psnark resolves the title of the torrent and adds it to the queue.
But then nothing. The torrent remains stuck with no peers/leechers forever. I also noticed that torrents added to the data folder are ignored rather than being added to the queue.

Known issues, or am I just overlooking something obvious? The same standalone client works great with the java router, so I assume I didn't break my build of the client somehow.
zlatinb

Re: Using standalone I2PSnark with i2pd

Post by zlatinb »

Did you build snark standalone from source? If so, did you build from the "i2p-0.9.46" tag? If yes then it should work with i2pd 2.32.1.

If you built from "master" you also need to build i2pd from "master" because dual keys for i2cp were enabled in snark but only very recently fixed in i2pd master.
aegypius

Post by aegypius »

Thank you, that was exactly it. Rebuilding I2PSnark from the 0.9.46 branch makes the client work with i2pd 2.32.1. I'll rebuild I2PSnark to use dual keys when the next release of i2pd is out (which seems soon enough).
aegypius

Post by aegypius »

I2PSnark normally opens a browser window when it is launched. Can this behavior be disabled?
zzz

Post by zzz »

no
aegypius

Post by aegypius »

Ah! I feel less stupid for not finding a config toggle or preference to set this behavior, at least.