Is the "regular" Transmission program that one alluded as "I2pTransmission"?

Issues and ideas about I2PSnark
CULO

Post by CULO »

What I don't have clear enough is:

A) if it is another program (different source code),
B) just a different configuration for the regular Transmission program (by default in most GNU/Linux distros and some BSD projects),
C) or it is the "regular", but, with a plugin or some complement to be installed by separated (to make possible use I2P torrents on it).

Can someone here clarified this?

Also. When we talk about the "I2pTransmission", what are the possibilities of it?
- Is it just a way to use the I2P torrents in the form of the Transmission client?
- Or also does it implicate the possibility of use regular (ClearNet) torrents with an I2P proxy type that would make us anonymous?

Thank you!
COMiX

Re: Is the "regular" Transmission program that one alluded as "I2pTransmission"?

Post by COMiX »

Hello

A) This is a modified version of Transmission-bt 2.82, large part of source code added/adapted
B) Configuration need some extra parameters
C) No plugins or complements, the code design don't allow this. (except if you rewrite all the code).
You can use this client in 2 ways.
-With anonymous i2p torrents only, by enabling the 'i2p connection' in the new settings tab,
OR
-With regular torrent (clearnet, your IP is in clear), as usual with transmission-bt, but not in the same session.

And yes, the code is outdated now, transmission-bt 2.82 is old
tiny

Re: Is the "regular" Transmission program that one alluded as "I2pTransmission"?

Post by tiny »

I always use snark. Works fine, no configuration. A lazy mans tool. :D But it works! wonderfully.
i2pBote: sxgroarUzprvVzqEFV7tjDrjTpgatXxTqFw9H2z-yPV6ejjHmKosjaTHWkVBR-H7HHhe-y5d5GR9fdtBAGWbCy