Creating a torrent and uploading to postman

Issues and ideas about I2PSnark
iCRaNcum

Creating a torrent and uploading to postman

Post by iCRaNcum »

Hello,

Could someone explain to me how to upload a torrent to postman? Or point me in the direction of the information if it is documented somewhere? I have not been able to find it.

Every time I try it just says "Access to the file was denied. It may have been removed, moved, or file permissions are incorrect"
echelon

Re: Creating a torrent and uploading to postman

Post by echelon »

Hi!

Simple:
copy the file to your i2psnark directory, make it accessable by the user who runs I2P (your user or a I2P user if it runs as a service).
Go to i2psnark, create a new torrent file with the file you copied entered into the field, enter postman as tracker.
Login to postman tracker, create a new torrent on that page and upload the .torrent from the i2psnark dierectory.

(replace i2psnark directory if you changed the data location directory in the i2psnark settings).

echelon
iCRaNcum

Post by iCRaNcum »

That's what I did! I copied the file and chowned it i2psvc:i2psvc. just like all the other files in the directory. Created the .torrent file via i2psnark. Then tried to upload it, but I still have this issue!

I figure I must be missing something simple, I just can't figure out what
echelon

Post by echelon »

Hi,
ok, so uploading the .torrent file is the problem?
If so, it maybe your user does not have read access to that .torrent file, although it should have.

echelon
iCRaNcum

Post by iCRaNcum »

Wow. I feel smart lmao. I had permissions of 0600, changed to 0644 and it worked. Thank you for your help!