Tracker Error after Hibernation

Issues and ideas about I2PSnark
egyxsdbo

Tracker Error after Hibernation

Post by egyxsdbo »

I have the problem that I2PSnark does not work after waking up from Windows Hibernation. I have the status "Tracker Error".

Is there at least a workaround for this? Probably I have to restart the service always after waking up from sleep.

So I am also wondering if the problem is I2P itself.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-31 082534.png
Screenshot 2023-01-31 082534.png (57.57 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
lgillis

Re: Tracker Error after Hibernation

Post by lgillis »

As long as the displays of the bandwidth in/out change in the positive range and no error messages appear in the log, everything seems to be ok.

If your computer goes into hibernation, the currently known connections remain in the database. After waking up in spring, these addresses will continue to be used and will only be replaced by new ones after a check for their accessibility. Just have a little patience.
egyxsdbo

Post by egyxsdbo »

Over twenty minutes is a lot of patience.

I also often get:
Network: ERR-SymmetricNAT

Although nothing changed.
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

> "Over twenty minutes is a lot of patience."

Time is relative. The time your PC needs is an opportunity to nurture the most precious thing in your life. For example, do squats, 6x 30, with two minutes rest between each set. If this is too fast for you, add small weights of 1-7.5 kg (household weights) on each side. You can use the short breaks to prepare a first breakfast, e.g. 150 grams of curd or cream cheese, a portion of berries of your choice, 25 grams of grated coconut and as many almonds. And the next day, instead of squats, do a hundred push-ups (10, 30, 30, 20, 10) with short pauses, no longer than 6 quiet breaths. I always find it fascinating how quickly time flies when I do things myself and don't have to wait for others. ;-)
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n
egyxsdbo

Post by egyxsdbo »

Well written 👍

On the other hand, the download is slow as it is. If nothing happens for several tens of minutes after switching on, this has a significant negative impact on the overall download rate.

My computer is not running most of the day during the week.
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

Maybe the NKN network is the better choice for you, egyxsdbo. Unlike Freenet, I2P or TOR, the NKN network is supposed to solve the problem of transfer speed while promising users a very high level of security. They also have a P2P file sharing app called Surge (Windows, Mac, Linux). Surge uses blockchain technologies to "enable 100% anonymous file transfers."
Spring https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF-q-IGQQb1uK7fYuaQiRpcORDSmfsY2n